Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More common than I knew

I've been suffering from insomnia a lot lately. It's something I struggle with off and on and have since I was a teenager. And I have to say, seeing my husband hop into bed and be asleep within minutes doesn't help my frustration level. Anyway, as I try to deal with all the stress and depression, my sleep suffers. And apparently, so do 2/3 of moms. Jason found this article today:

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100261592&gt1=31036

It was very enlightening to learn that I'm not alone and some of my nighttime activities are pretty common (with the family asleep, I get a lot of house cleaning done, although I don't do it by candle light as the woman in the article does--c'mon lady, turn on a light!). It was good to know I'm not alone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know it was that common but I know that it really is common in the "Parkins" women. Now, I blame it on age, but I have always have problems with insomnia, anxiety and depression and so has Cami.