Friday, September 3, 2010

Plans getting derailed

My plan had been to get ahead of my class schedule and have samples posted a month in advance. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans. So, for those who aren't friends with me on fb or didn't see my post, this is why my plans got derailed (it's not easy to see, but check out the blue sign next to the tree):
We've been talking about it for a long time and finally came to the conclusion that it would be best for us to sell our house. There are many factors that went into the decision, but suffice it to say that the current market situation had a lot to do with our decision. But, just because you know that a decision is right for your family doesn't always mean that it's an easy decision to make, and I have struggled with this one a lot. I love my house. But I also have to realize that I'm not truly the one in charge of my life and my future, I just have to do my best to listen to someone who has more wisdom than myself and know that He is taking care of us.

Before the questions are asked, we don't yet know where we are going yet. Most likely we are going to stay really close here, but there is also a chance we will move closer to my husband's work. This process could take anywhere from 2 months to a year, so we're really kind of in limbo. And that leads me to where I haven't done any Stampin' Up! work in almost a week. With all the anxiety and stress, I haven't been sleeping well lately, and I find myself almost AD/HD-like during the day. I begin one thing and within minutes am bored with it and move on to something else, not being able to concentrate long enough to be productive. I find myself wasting hours on the computer because I can move on from one thing to another quickly enough to satisfy my lack of concentration. The last day or two I have tried very hard to control myself and really, in giving myself over to trusting the person that led us to make this decision, I have been much better. So now I hope to be able to make much more progress on my class samples. I'm especially excited to do a Halloween project class where we will re-use the vases from Valentines day and some other cute decor ideas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you love your house and it had to be a struggle to make that decision, but I also know that we all have to make sacrifices if it is for the overall benefit of the family. I would put mine on the market in a heartbeat if I really thought it would sell for enough to get me out of Blythe and be able to buy somewhere else. But, for now, I have to hang in here and keep praying for the future.

Unknown said...

BTW, I don't know why but now whenever I want to post a comment on anyone's blog, it makes gives me an error message and makes me "switch accounts" before it will let my password go through. Therefore, it now puts "pat" instead of whatever it used to say about "grandma bolton..."