Friday, September 17, 2010

The baby of the family

I'm jumping the gun by about a half hour here, but tomorrow is a very special day for Lindsay. Eight years ago Lindsay had to be coerced into joining us (as she was very content to stay snug in mommy's womb), and she has made her presence known from the start. Never content to be put down, I think I carried her everywhere for a year and a half. She was also the child that liked the middle of the night, so I don't think I slept until she was at least four, and then when she was finally six, I put my foot down and told her she had to stop sneaking into my bed in the middle of the night every night. However ferocious she may be, this girl definitely has spunk and I've always said she's the one I worry least about peer pressure--no one can talk her into doing something she doesn't want to do.

She's also the quickest to hug and cuddle with me, the first to greet me when she walks in the door, the last to say goodnight (five or six times). I don't know what my life would be like without her, and we're so grateful that Lindsay chose to join our family. I love you, sweet girl.

1 comment:

Grandma in the middle said...

I really like the last picture!