Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Proof that I'm insane

Our kids get to have birthday parties on their even birthdays, and since Bailey was turning ten, it was her turn. So she decided to have a slumber party and four of her little girlfriends were coming. Bailey was really thinking this birthday was pretty special because she was turning double digits, so I really tried hard to make it special for her. And as if I didn't have enough to do last week, I decided that the party favors should be pretty special too. Each girl went home with a journal and a little purse that I made for each of them filled with girlie things and candy. I actually ended up shorting myself on my essay in order to get them done and didn't get as high a score on it as I usually do, but since it was the first assignment, I'm not too worried about it. I'll have to try harder in the future to make sure school doesn't take a backseat. I just hope my daughter appreciates the effort I put in even though she doesn't say it. I guess that's pretty normal for a ten year old though.




3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Once again your talent amazes me. So adorable.

Unknown said...

Really cute! I know Bailey appreciates it because she tells me.

Jessica said...

That's funny because I barely got a "thanks"