Friday, August 28, 2009

10 years

(this isn't the youngest pic I have of Bailey, but it's the youngest I have of her on my computer. This was from her fourth birthday; you can just see how much she's grown!)

10 years ago Bailey decided to join our family. There are so many reasons why her birth was so special for me, not the least of which is that she's my first. Other than my friend, Erin, we were alone the moment she joined me and she and I have had this incredible bond since then. As you know, each child is so different and so special. Bailey is the one I can always count on to be responsible, does her homework without giving me a hassle, and is really just a great kid. I am so fortunate to be her mom and feel so blessed to be given the responsibility for such a great spirit. She has changed very suddenly from a little girl to almost a teenager in the last couple months. No more playing with dolls or most toys, but she loves to read, listen to music, hang with her friends, and is beginning to ask about makeup and boys. In some ways I'm really excited to see how she's going to grow and change, but the rest of me is wondering where that sweet little baby is who peeked over or under her crib bumper to see her mama when she woke up every morning.

Bailey, your mama loves you more than anything in the world. You make me so proud to be your mom. Thank you for being the first.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still haven't figured out how she got so big, so fast! Her age was perfect for our trip together. I loved our conversations and the memories we built. She says I'm still her "bestest" friend and I love that. I hope you survive tonight!