Thursday, September 1, 2011

Using the camera



I knew going into it that I wouldn't be using the camera the first day of class, but it did surprise me that we hadn't used it at all until yesterday. Of course, now I understand why, we were busy learning how the camera works and thinks so that we could use that knowledge to our benefit and create beautiful pictures. We spent twenty minutes on campus during class starting to test out our new-found knowledge, and our assignment was to use the light meter to make sure we were getting the right light for each picture. It's not a difficult thing to do, but for someone who has never used a camera on a manual setting, it was very interesting to go around and play with the shutter speed and aperture, especially when it came to shady areas. I know these aren't fabulous pictures, but I'm pretty proud of my first attempts. It was difficult to find anything really interesting to take pictures of on campus near our classroom, and these haven't been edited at all, so I thought the raw shots were pretty good. Hopefully by December, I'll be taking some beautiful pictures, but this is a good start.



No comments: