Sunday, September 18, 2011

Celebrating today

Nine years ago today started out with Jason and I waking anxiously and making our way to the hospital for my induction. I was at the end of my longest pregnancy and I refused to go one day past my due date. We spent the morning trying to relax and sleep, knowing it was the last sleep we were going to get for a long time, just waiting for the drugs to kick in so we could meet our newest family member. Finally, around 2:30 Lindsay finally decided to come out to meet us. I think I should have known then just how stubborn she was going to be, she refused to sleep at all in the hospital, just wanting to spend all her time snuggling with her mama. I think Lindsay knew she was joining a family where her mama already had her hands full with a baby and a toddler and she made sure to get the attention she needed, never letting me forget about her for a minute. I'm so grateful this little baby girl decided to join our family, it definitely wouldn't be complete without her. Happy birthday, Lindsay. I love you more then I ever thought possible.

No comments: