Sunday, October 11, 2009

Surprise tennis tournament

Jason is stringing racquets this weekend for a tennis tournament that the "retired" players are playing at. Todd Martin, Jim Courier, Mark Philippoussis, Jimmy Arias, Wayne Ferreria, Aaron Krickstein, and Andre Agassi played this year (John McEnroe was here last year and didn't come this year). For the most part, Jason has converted me to a little bit of a tennis fan, but I only like watching the players I like playing, not all of tennis. We did get to see Jim Courier inducted into the hall of fame, and Todd Martin was really cool to my kids last year when they had to spend one evening with their dad down at the tennis center, so it would have been cool to meet them. But, I was really dying to meet Andre. Jason started trying to pull some strings to see if I could get back there to meet him, and it was crazy how reluctant everyone was to allow it. Until finally, Jason asked the guy who was in charge of all the players, and he said, "Ask Andre". Andre was really cool about it and so I got to go back and meet Andre Agassi and have my picture taken with him. It was a lot of aggrivation for a whole ten seconds of his time, but it was really neat to meet him.

4 comments:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

That is cool for you. And his was the ONLY name you mentioned that I had heard of.

Jessica said...

Yeah, that's pretty much why he's the only one I was dying to meet. I'd heard of the rest (how could I not being married to Jason), but he's the only one I had heard of before I met Jason.

Ashley said...

Very cool!

Ric and Diona said...

That's really cool!