Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Silly girl

Tonight I'm wondering why I have a blog if I don't get to use it to embarrass my kids. I mean, that's my job as a parent, right? Jason and I were in the loft this evening and I started hearing what sounded like it might be singing. I asked him if Bailey was singing in the shower, he thought maybe it was Cole. So I creep down the hallway and listen at the door. Sure enough, Bailey's in the shower singing what we think was David Cook. We were cracking up--she's never done that before. She's been growing up a lot lately, more than I want her to. The other day I had the kids at Michael's. While we were looking at the Halloween stuff, she suddenly gets all excited because they have a Tiger Beat magazine. She swore she would pay me back when we got home (and you can be sure that I made her pay up, I'm not wasting $6 on that!). It just takes me back to when I was so boy crazy and had Joey McIntyre "wallpaper" from all the posters in Bop and Big Bopper magazines. I didn't want her to get to this point already, I don't think I'm ready for this. *sigh* I guess I don't have a choice, but sometimes I just wish she could have been that sweet little baby a little longer. And now she's singing pop songs in the shower and getting excited about putting posters up in her bedroom.

1 comment:

Ric and Diona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.