Sunday, October 25, 2009

Having a hard time

My aunt posted on her blog about missing my grandparents, and it resonated with me because there are so many things I'm missing right now. I think it can be summed up to say that I miss California. While we're still the same distance from my family, we're twelve hours from Jason's and we hardly see them. I miss the weather in California. I miss our ward in California; church here has been a struggle for me and it was so great there. I miss the friends I had in California. I miss having things to do besides work and school. This area is great for Jason with the tennis center, but I have no evening activities to do and it has really worn me down. I miss being able to go to a pumpkin patch that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Both in Stockton and Livermore, we had great pumpkin patches that didn't charge admission, you just paid for your pumpkins and the corn maze. Here, they all charge admission, and I really hate that! I don't care about the petting zoo, I just want pumpkins that aren't all funky like the grocery store ones.

The list goes on and on. I think the worst part about it is that we feel stuck here. Even if Jason found a new job that would move us, we have no idea when we'd be able to sell our house. So it seems that we're here for however long we're supposed to be here. And I keep on trying to make the best of it because there's nothing else I can do, but the last few days have been hard for me, so I'm just bumming out for now.

2 comments:

Kim said...

the pumpkin patch thing has been my big thing right now too. I just want a picture of my kids in a pumpkin patch. I don't care about the other stuff, I just want a great picture. But can't get that with four kids without spending 30+ dollars.

Jessica said...

Yup, that's exactly how I feel. Charge for the extra stuff and have free admission. You're out there by the one we went to last year and it was insanely expensive. It was ridiculous!