Monday, August 17, 2009

Party planning


Our kids get to have a birthday party with friends every other year, so we do them on even years. Bailey is going to be ten next week, so we spent the better part of the weekend planning her birthday party the weekend after next. I designed the invitations and then she helped me make them which was a huge trial of my patience, but she wanted to be involved, and she thinks all my scrapbooking stuff is cool. I figure I'm going to need her to think that in the years to come, so we worked together. She keeps talking about how quickly she's changing (and asking me a hundred times if that's normal). It seems sudden that she's going to be ten already. I think the card turned out pretty cute, though, and we have some good ideas for goodie bags for the girls along with a few other little things. I'm just hoping we don't lose our sanity with a bunch of ten year old girls spending the night. :) Better than the group of eight year old boys we had earlier this year, though.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Super cute card. You're so talented.

Unknown said...

The invites are just what Bailey would choose! I'll email her to let her know how cute they are and what a good job she did! The card you did for Jason is cute, too. The coworker will like it (even though she'll know it wasn't Jason, but you, who made it :)