Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Very exciting!

So after meeting with the adviser on Friday, I was anxious to complete the rest of the requirements so I can get my date stamp as soon as possible. The one thing that is out of my control is receiving my fingerprint clearance card. I kind of procrastinated getting fingerprinted because I was so busy with that class, but I didn't realize that it can take up to 3 months to get your card back. So you can imagine my surprise when it came in the mail Monday. I was so excited to get it, but then that means that I'm behind on getting my transcripts in and passing the entrance exam. Sunday I ordered all my transcripts, and timing-wise, that's out of my control as well, but even Fullerton shouldn't take more than two weeks to get in. And tonight I went to take the exam. I was really nervous about the math section because it's definitely not my strong suit and they don't allow calculators. But, I bought a study guide that I heard was really good, and I've been getting high passing grades. Unfortunately, the math section on the exam was extremely difficult for someone like me who is numerically challenged without a calculator. It was a lot of questions like what is 6 7/8% of 49 1/3 and junk like that. So I guesstimated as best as I could and actually passed. I'm getting really excited now, all that's left is for them to receive my transcripts and I'll officially be on the wait list. We're starting to talk now about the things I'm going to need in school, so if any of you nurses have recommendations on a good stethoscope, let me know. I heard you should get a really good one but a lightweight one, and I haven't a clue where to even start looking. And I have to say I'm looking forward to wearing scrubs and tennis shoes all day versus what I have to wear now. At least I'll be comfortable.

No comments: