Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sometimes work is nice

I got paid today to make cards and study. I don't think I had a single work thing to do all day long. And since I no longer have a financial advisor, I took over the desk in the other room and made cards in there while my desk was my study desk. That way I could study for an hour and then take a break and stamp for an hour. I kind of bit off more than I can chew with the teacher gifts, so not having anything to do at work is really nice since it gives me more time to work on them. When I'm done, I'll post pictures, but I decided to do a set of notecards for each teacher. Each set will have twelve cards and then I'll be making and decorating a box to hold them. Normally that wouldn't be too much work, but I've got to do the three for my kids and then I told our neighbor that I would make some for her. One of her kids has three teachers, so I'm making eight sets basically (I couldn't waste half a sheet of cardstock and I get two cards out of one sheet, so I figured I might as well make the eighth card for each). I'm almost halfway done with the cards though, and they're so cute so far. I have some great stamps (some aren't even Stampin' Up! if you can believe it), and the cutest paper, so I think they'll be great. Wish me luck that I get them done in time.

No comments: