Sunday, May 17, 2009

Burning water

I'm normally a good cook. If given a recipe, I can usually make it good on the first try, and for some reason I'm really good a grilling. Then there are nights like tonight...I thought I would be a nice wife and make one of Jason's favorite meals. Tuna noodle casserole isn't hard, and it's pretty cheap, so you would think we would eat it more often, but for some reason I really don't like it much, and so he only gets it twice a year or so. Tonight I thought would be a good night for it. So I whipped it up, thinking it was going pretty smoothly. Then when I was dishing it up, I realized that I forgot to add the tuna. Yup, the main ingredient, still sitting there safely in my pantry. I seriously can't believe I did that. I was distracted when I was cooking because I've been working all week on teacher gifts, and I'm trying to get them finished up in time to give them this week. But really, to forget that ingredient? So now I feel really bad, and I'm going to have to make it up to J in a week or two and make it right. And at least the way I screwed it up it was still edible so we didn't have to go out (oh, wait, maybe that's not a good thing). Sorry babe.

1 comment:

Christie said...

LOL I can totally see myself doing that.