Monday, May 4, 2009

Serious about scouting

I guess Cole really is serious about being a cub scout. We told him that if he worked on it, he would be able to earn his Bobcat in one week and that's what he did. He won't get it until pack meeting at the end of the month, but I'm proud of him for putting in the effort to do it. We also worked on a few Wolf achievements too, so he's working his way towards that.

One of the requirements for the Bobcat is now to have a discussion with your Cub Scout about personal safety, so we sat all the kids down last night and did a little FHE on it. I think it was really helpful for all of them, especially since they walk home from school together now (and I told them next year they're walking to and from school). My mom also got us these little kits where you keep a recent picture and note identifying features plus take down height and weight and all that in case something happens to your kid. It also had ink and a place for fingerprints (and I found out that Jason did his Eagle with fingerprinting, so he thought he was going to be a pro at it). I figure now that we took the time to get it done and have them in a safe place I'll never need them.

No comments: