Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's amazing how fast

My kids can get on my nerves. I was alone in the office all day so you'd think I was ready for a little noise by the time school gets out. By the time I got them, though, I was already frustrated. They're doing construction on the main street between my work and the kids school and no matter what time I leave work to get them, I'm always rushed. Then the crossing guard on that side of the school is an idiot. She will stand in the middle of the street holding up a line of cars while she waits for kids to finish walking down the street to cross. For some reason she thinks it would be bad if the kids had to wait a minute or two to form a group to cross.

So then when I get in the line of cars waiting to pick up, I can see that they're already shooing the kids inside to call parents. They only give you ten minutes to get your kids and then they're done waiting, if you're one minute late, they're inside. Obviously it doesn't even matter if the line of cars has finished or not yet either. It's so ridiculous. So I tried to get Lindsay to see me, she's the only one I could see, and of course she doesn't so she starts heading inside. I tried to park really quick and shout her name, but she was already in the door. So I had to run inside real fast to get her (because of course the pick up lane is a fire lane, so if there's a cop around, I'll be getting a ticket), and come to find out that Cole is nowhere to be found. Lindsay said he went back in to get his homework (he brings home homework for the whole week--notice it's Thursday and he's just now bringing it home? Yup, it's been that kind of week). He knew he'd better not forget it today cause I would just go livid on him. Anyhow, so I really can't be blocking the fire lane, so now we have to go out and move the car while we wait for him. Then I had to bring them to my office with me because I can't leave until 3:30 now, and of course the first thing Cole does when we get there is to start messing with this pen that I have that I've told him 100 times not to mess with. Oh, that and not starting his homework. Sometimes I feel like he's still a toddler--I have to lead him around to make him do stuff. Anyway, by the time we got home this afternoon, I'd already had it with the kids. I hate that. And the heat's giving me a big headache too, so that doesn't help things.

One good thing that happened today, Bailey got to go to work with Jason for a "take your child to work" day. I guess she had all kinds of activities and fun things to do (all away from Jason, which I thought was rather ironic, but I guess they actually need him to work). She thought their cafeteria was awesome, and she had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

ray and brandie said...

My kids get on my nerves every day! You are not the only one.