Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another year and another hectic week

This week I began my dreaded Anatomy class, and so far it's as hard as I was afraid it was going to be. It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to memorize anything, so that's definitely going to be a challenge. My last class was an accelerated format, so she busted our butts, but only for eight weeks. I was thinking because this was a sixteen week class that the pace would be a little easier, especially for a working mom. Boy was I wrong. My professor assigned three chapter to read which turned out to be almost 150 pages worth of reading, plus two labs and two quizzes. Really crazy. One of the labs was all about learning the regions of the body, so that alone has taken me a couple days to memorize. Not to mention with taking an online class, I'm not sure of the pronunciation of some words, so that's a little tricky. I just keep plowing on, though. I keep reminding myself of how worth it it will be once I've finished.

I think birthdays get worse and worse when you get older. This year there was a tennis tournament in town, so Jason was down at the tennis center all day. My birthday happened to be the first day of the tournament, and he was supposed to have help because they knew it was going to be chaos. Well, his help showed up at 11:30 (very late), strung about five racquets, then took off. Jason found out the next day that he'd done about 45 racquets that day. But, that didn't leave him the time to have either lunch or dinner with me. And he had been running on about an hour of sleep because of the racquets he had to get done the day before the tournament. So I saw my husband for about a half hour on my birthday. My parents were here visiting my kids, so they at least took me out for dinner, but I was still pretty bummed. Not to mention I was going to take the day off and my boss had agreed that I didn't have to use vacation time since it was my birthday. Well, Monday my boss was forced to resign, so I'm back in transition where I have no boss, I have to log on to the computer every hour so they know I'm there and it's tedious and boring. I also would have had to use vacation time for my birthday, so I didn't take it off and sat there all day. The only good thing to be said for that is that I have nice quiet study time for the most part, and I get paid to study. Things could definitely be worse.

No comments: