Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm so sick to death

At the lack of customer service. No one builds anything that even resembles quality, and then when it breaks, even while under warranty, they aren't willing to do anything about it. We have this really big TV (that I didn't even want) that has now been unusable for over a month because a lamp burnt out. We paid a serious amount of money for an extended warranty for instances just like this. And here we are, more than two weeks after I've contacted them and still no lamp. After speaking to a supervisor today, I'm more frustrated than ever because they're not helpful! I think that's my biggest problem is that no one will help! Her first comment to me is that there are no notes in the system from Monday (when I called previously), which of course means that I didn't call. So I must have hallucinated that conversation. She tells me they have to find out what the hold up is and that's going to take another three business days. So why they didn't do this on Monday is beyond me. I asked them to order me another bulb and have it expedited and was told no. And of course my only recourse to get my tv working is to order the stupid bulb myself (which can cost a lot of money I've been told) and then I'll have an extra one when the warranty bulb comes in. But isn't that why I paid all that money for the warranty?

Well, now, I've just had an interesting development. While I was typing my next rant about Ikea, the store manager there just called me and is fixing my problem for me. We upgraded to a king sized bed over the weekend and got our bed from Ikea in Tempe. When we got it home and started opening the box, I noticed a huge crack in the headboard. It's aestetic for sure, it doesn't affect the bed, but I didn't pay for a new bed to have it cracked. Unfortunately, the store is out of stock on that item, and therein lies the problem. I've been callling them every day since Sunday to sort out my problem. The first time I talked to someone I was told they wouldn't get the bed in til December but I only have 90 days to exchange it (I was like, huh?). So it now looks like they won't get the bed in for two weeks, but it took me calling back three times just to get this far. Further, I really don't like sleeping on a mattress on the floor (and I was able to sell off the old bed, so I don't have an option), so I just wanted to use the new bed frame until the headboard comes in and then we can exchange it. I was told no, and then I was told that once I put the headboard together with the bed frame I won't ever be able to get it apart without damaging it. First of all, it's already damaged, second of all, how do you ever move it? It must be one of those new disposable beds. Maybe that's why it was so cheap! Anyhow, I kept getting the runaround from the call center, kept being told different things, it was really ridiculous. Oh, and we don't have a truck, so we had to borrow our friend's truck just to get it home, so now when it does come in, I have to borrow it again and drive all the way out there? Well, the store manager just called me and after a really nice conversation with him, I get to use the broken headboard until the new one comes in and they're going to deliver the new one to me and pick up the broken one. Honestly, that's what should have been offered all along, but it took me four days of headache just to get it. Really ridiculous.

So now if you're still with me at this point, you'll like my last story. Yesterday I happened to be walking home from my friends house and saw Charlie at the park with Bailey running down the street. I happened to know that the Omaha steak guys were on my street just minutes before and I have a no soliciting sign up on my door. So Bailey opened the door for the guys, accidentally let go of Charlie, and he took off. And he takes off far! So I was able to track him down (after he peed on my neighbor's front porch--sorry!) and drag his little butt home. I went out looking for the steak guys because I was going to cuss them out (I had already been on the phone with Ikea before that, so I was in a bad mood!) and they were nowhere to be found. There's no way they could have finished knocking on my street in the time it took me to bring Charlie back home. So I tell J what happened (he had been in his office right next to the front door and didn't know what was going on cause Bailey didn't say a word). Well, not even ten minutes later, he was going out to the park that's a little further down to drag Cole home and who does he see? He flags down the steak guys and he's acting all nice. He asks them for a brochure. Then he asks the guy what it says. When the guy tells him, J looks at him in surprise and says, "Oh, you can read?" The guy tried to tell J it must have been another guy that knocked on our door (Um, yeah right! There must be two sets of steak guys going around our little neighborhood at the same time). J just told them to never knock on our door again. Really, can't they read the stupid sign? I'm tired of chasing down my dog!

1 comment:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I can certainly appreciate your frustration- and I agree with the general lack of customer service anymore. I haven't had to deal with anyone lately, but I am 100% behind you about fighting for what you know is your right to expect decent service.