Friday, March 13, 2009

Birthday Party Recap




Sorry for the delay in posting, this ended up being a crazy week with my class winding down. Next week is my final, but at least that means it's almost over. Somehow we all survived the party, though I don't think Jason and I have quite recovered yet. I know I'm exhausted anyhow (of course the fact that I haven't been to bed before 1 am yet this week might have something to do with it). In any case, Cole had a blast which is all that really matters.

Our plan had been to take the boys to the movies, but of course they don't publish movie times two weeks in advance, so I had to take a guess as to what time the movie would be playing the weekend of the party. And wouldn't you know I guessed wrong. The weekend of the party, they moved the showing an hour earlier so that the movie started right when the boys were due to show up. And wouldn't you know that there were no other movies appropriate for eight year old boys playing after 5 pm. We'd planned on taking them to Hotel for Dogs (which got moved to 5), and barring that, Pink Panther 2 (which no one is showing any more). So Jason took Cole down and rented a movie instead, which was better on our wallets, and then I was able to really give them a bunch of goodies to much on, so they liked it. So the boys just played until after dinner, then Cole got to open his presents. After that, we just watched movies until they fell asleep around midnight. When we made them move upstairs to bed, of course it woke a couple of them up enough so they started talking again, so we had to do the whole "stop it boys" "seriously, go to sleep" business for awhile. Luckily they were all pretty tired so it only lasted a half hour or so. The next morning I went and got doughnuts and OJ and they got all sugared up. I missed the end of the party because at about 3 in the morning, Charlie (our beagle) had a rough night and I was up with him half the night. I think he got to scavenging after the boys and ate something he shouldn't have had and got a tummy ache. So after I went out for doughnuts, I went back to bed and let Jason deal with them. But, Cole says it was the best birthday ever, so we're happy.

No comments: