Friday, October 21, 2011

Another assignment post


I think all I've posted about lately has been photography, but it sure feels like that's all I've done (well, other than driving my kids everywhere, but that's not really fun to hear about). The assignment we had this week was to learn how to control the depth of field in the photograph, so we needed 30 short depth of field photos and 30 long depth of field photos. My long depth of field photos were really terrible, so I'm not going to post any of them here, but I was pretty pleased with some of my short depth of field. This is my friend's little girl, and it definitely helps to come out with nice photos when you start with such a beautiful subject. She had me laughing too because she was a total diva. First I was going to shoot her inside, but there wasn't enough light. I suggested we go outside thinking we'd go in her backyard, and she insists that we need to go to the park across from her house. After we'd been at the park for a little while, I asked her if she could stand somewhere for me, she says, "No, Jessica, I need to get some water!". After the water, I convinced her to go in her backyard, and I suggested we try to take some near the pool, she refused to go in the pool gate ("No, I'm not allowed!"). She's such a funny little girl and I love her dearly, so it was a lot of fun to work with her. I asked her if she'd let me take pictures of her again and she said yes, so I hope to have some more fun with her soon.







No comments: