Friday, October 14, 2011

More photos

I'm behind on sharing my photographs for class, so here's one more assignment before I start taking the pictures for the next assignment.


This assignment, we were supposed to practice using the three motion techniques (stop action, blur, and panning) in a creative way. I really struggled with this assignment, not the techniques so much (well, definitely panning, but if you've ever done it, you know how hard it is to master!) but the creative aspect of it. I drove all over taking photos of different things without coming up with something that I really liked. Finally I decided to just have fun with my kids, and sure enough, that's all I needed to do.


I got down into the pool and had them run and jump over me into the pool while shooting the entire time. I think I ended up with over a hundred pictures, most of which aren't great, but this group turned out pretty good.


I really liked this one, I just wish I hadn't got the sun flare right in his face. I tried having the kids jump the other direction away from the sun, but the house in the background just took a lot away from the pictures. But I really love how the sun lit up the water beneath him and his splash down into the water. 

This is the one I presented in class. I love how it looks like he's stepping on the frame of the picture or that he looks like he's walking in the air. Hopefully I learned my lesson from this experience, and instead of driving all over trying to get different things, maybe I should focus my lens on my favorite subjects and work on getting better pictures of them. That is why I started taking this class, after all, so that I had better photos to scrap (now if only I could find the time to scrap!).

No comments: