Thursday, November 3, 2011

Second photo shoot

 Soccer this year is seriously crazy for two reasons. First is because I decided not to put the kids in the City of Surprise soccer program because I felt like they weren't really learning how to play the game. Instead I signed them up for AYSO which is 30 minutes away for practices and games. Second is because my kids were put on teams that practice opposite nights (of course!). (On a side note, the kids practice at my college, so add in another couple trips to and from the same location for school and you'll see where my sanity has been for soccer season). Lucky for me we were able to find someone on each team we could carpool with or I would be even more insane than I already am. The family that Lindsay plays with has a daughter that plays as well, so when we carpool, I get to have the older sister as well. She's a real cutie, and when she first found out I'm taking photography, she and her mom made sure to tell me that Emily loves having her picture taken. So when it came time to work on the rule of thirds, I thought she would make a perfect model, so I set up a time to borrow Emily for a little photo shoot. Apparently she was so excited when she found out that she screamed, so I know she'll be good for more photo shoots in the future.

When I got there to pick her up, Emily was all dolled up and ready to go. I had spent the morning walking around where we live trying to find a good location and I found this great place really close to my house.

Emily was a great model, did everything I asked her to and was patient as I tried to get what I needed for my assignment. I'll definitely be using her in the future since it was a cinch taking her photo. I'm pretty pleased with the results, so I hope her parents like the photos when I give them to the family on Saturday.

Of course some of my favorite shots came when she wasn't exactly expecting it. It shocked her the first time when I snapped pictures of her swatting flies, so I just let her know that anything was fair game. So as we got to the end of the shoot, she was getting a little hot and started pulling her hair off her neck. I thought it was cute so I asked her to do it again, and this is what I got from her:

Definitely one of my favorite shots from the day. I had so much fun with her, I can't wait to work with her again!

No comments: