Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A little therapy



It's been another difficult couple of weeks for me. The kids are out of school, which I know they love, but it's really hard to take care of them and deal with work at the same time. And it always falls more on my shoulders than J's because my job is less important (and I've got more freedom too--I've at least been working reduced hours since they got out). But it's still stressful to try to be a good mom and worker at the same time. In the same vein, work is horrible. It's so boring it's not even funny, and it's really a relief to have the reduced hours right now. But, it just adds to the stress that I'm already dealing with. Hopefully that stress will be gone in a few days, but there's no guarantee, so I'm kind of in limbo waiting for things to happen that are beyond my control. On top of all that, I've been in a horrible funk for the last couple weeks. A family member hurt me very deeply in a very public way, and I'm finding it really difficult to pull myself up and act like everything is back to normal for me. So I was hoping that a little stamp therapy might help me.




I really liked the paper that I had for these and I wanted to try to use up as much of it as I could so I wouldn't have scraps left over, so these three all ended up with the same color scheme. I'm hoping to take some more stamping to work tomorrow, so maybe in a few days I'll have more to post.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry that people/person hasn't been nice to you. You deserve better. I know what you mean about school being out and I don't even work. I love the cards. I did some stamping therapy yesterday too!

ditzyblonde@cox.net said...

I am diggin' the dress card! Super cute! And I have TONS of that paper so I might scrap lift some of that thought you had with it! LoL!