Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Craziness as usual

My boss resigned on Friday afternoon, and I decided to follow suit. The only problem is that they're insisting that I give them two weeks notice, so my plan to be home with my kids the last two weeks that they're here isn't working out quite the way I had hoped. I'm taking the rest of this week off and am planning on doing some fun (and hopefully cheap) things with the kids, and then putting them in camps next week. We're coming up on the girls recitals, and the day after recital will be the day they leave town for the summer with my mom, so my last week of work will be easier since I won't have to worry about what to do with the kids. Although it's stressful to be quitting, it's been such a relief to me. As soon as we came to the decision that I should leave my job, I've been so much happier about being there. And although I know it's going to make some things harder, it's a relief to finally quit a job that I truly hate.

1 comment:

Kim said...

way to go! That must be a tough decision. So glad to hear you are able and willing to do it. That is rare these days. Here's praying the next steps you take will bless your family just as much.