Monday, January 26, 2009

So I guess not

At the last second, they found a financial advisor to take my office, so I guess I'm not losing my job. I'm really upset with work because they told me if I found another job I would still get my severance, and I was planning on using that for school. So, when I told them I didn't know if I could continue working because I'm going to school, they said, "Sorry, maybe you can cut back your hours. But severance is off the table". And so, with no severance, I can't afford to quit my job. So I've now put up with work for the last four months, jumped through all the hoops, and I get nothing. I get to do whatever they want me to do because I can't afford to do otherwise. And they guy they put in my office--he's not going to last. I'm predicting it now (and another financial advisor in an office nearby agrees with me). He's really nice, and did agree to cut back my hours, but to keep my benefits, I have to work at least 35/week, so I only got to drop one hour a day. So now I get to work full time, be a mom, and add school in on top. I'm a little disheartened right now. Hopefully everything will work out--I start school today so I guess pretty quick here I'll figure out if I can make it work or not.

5 comments:

Jason Mauss said...

You can come work for me if you want. No pay though, sorry. :)

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Oh,man! What a bummer! I like Jason's idea.

Christie said...

Arrgh! Frustrating!

Jessica said...

Umm, yeah, honey, I think I already do that. But I thought you said 8 years ago that you were going to pay me with your love. Now I learn that you would have loved me all along? What a gyp!

ray and brandie said...

Don't give up! If I survived with a newborn you can get through it too....even of it takes one class at a time :)