Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In 2 weeks

Two weeks from tomorrow will be my last day of work for Edward Jones. They can't find a financial advisor to fill my office, so they have to close it and there are no openings around me. I'm only a little bummed--it just stinks to lose my job for no reason relating to myself, but I definitely know that's going around. And I'm really blessed to have a husband who pays the bills we have to pay with his job. I'm going to take the opportunity to go back to school, though. I've talked about it for a few years now, so it's about time.

The kids were funny when we told them about me losing my job--Lindsay started bawling. I was trying really hard not to laugh as she's sitting there sobbing, "But I don't want you to lose your job!". We had waited to tell them until I was over the initial disappointment, so I was pretty upbeat when we were telling them. Then she was bummed when I told her I was going to school and she learned that I'm not going to her school. :) That and the kids really want me to work at their school. I just laughed. So in a couple weeks I'll be a college student again, which will be interesting. Last time I attempted that I didn't have four people to take care of, but this semester is going to be really light--I'm only taking what I need to get into the program that I want to apply for. And after meeting with the advisor, I was really pleased to learn that all the time I've spent out of school really didn't hinder me that much--all of my required units will still count (mind you, just for the program I want, not to go back and get my psych degree). I'm also studying for the entrance exam for the program which is really heavy on science and math--not my strong suits. At least I won't be bored any more!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Bummer about the job. Super sweet that you get to go back to school! How much school do you want to accomplish? Good luck juggling life & school, you will do great!

Christie said...

Sounds like you'll do great!

Ashley said...

Wow, good luck with going back to school! What a new adventure!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

It sounds exciting but also a little scary. Good luck with it all.