Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

Jason and I had a nice relaxing new year's. The kids went to my mom's house for the week after Christmas, so we had the house to ourselves. We made an appearance at a friend's house and then came home and just relaxed. He talked me into staying up, so I made it, but I was out fifteen minutes later. It wasn't so long ago that midnight was nothing to me, now I must be getting old. :) The report from my mom was that while Lindsay and Cole stayed up late, they didn't even get close to making it all the way. Poor Bailey, fell asleep fourteen minutes before midnight. She was trying so hard, too.

Since the kids got back, it's just been nonstop cleaning around here. We're trying to get ready to go back to school and work, and the kids rooms were ridiculous. Not to mention, as much as we love the kids going away for a week or more, when the get back, it's pretty bad for a few days at least. We call this "detox". They're used to getting so spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa (and while my mom says she doesn't spoil them all that much, somehow, I'm sure it's way different than mom and dad. For one thing, she pays them to clean! I laugh when they ask me if they can earn money doing regular chores). The kids also needed some good nights of sleep really bad. I think there was maybe one day at my mom's that they didn't have a sleepover with their cousins, so there were a lot of late nights. Tonight is going to be a really early night for them, hopefully they'll be ready for school tomorrow.

I, however, am not going to be ready to go back to working five days a week with nothing to do. It's been really nice these last two weeks where I got to take some time off so it wasn't as bad. Too bad I can't bring the wii or xbox to work with me. That would help. :) At least Bailey got some new DS games, so I'll have a couple new things to do.

Hope everyone had a good new years.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I know what you mean about the "detox". We've never left our kids alone with their grandparents, but just a long visit gets them used to extra attention, extra bribes and extra treats. Since we've been home Rae has been constantly asking for candy and I realized there probably wasn't a single day on vacation where she didn't get candy, cookies or some other kind of treat. We are in full detox mode here!