Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stuck in a rut

So a couple weeks ago, Jason and I decided that we needed to try to be healthier and lose a little weight. We're both exercising every day and trying to make better choices when we eat. The first two weeks were great for me--I lost 8 pounds those two weeks, which I know is more than I should have been losing, but I attribute that to cutting way back on soda. So now that my body is getting more used to the choices I'm making and the exercise, I'm not losing any more. It's really frustrating to be trying to hard and stuck in the same place. I know I need to keep it up and it'll happen, but it's hard not to be discouraged. And when I get bummed, I eat. I took a little quiz that's supposed to tell you what kind of eater you are. The answer came back that I'm an emotional eater. And when I read that, I thought, "yeah, duh!". I don't know about other families, but I think in our family, all the women are emotional eaters. They don't call it comfort food for nothing!

I think in some ways, I still see myself as the skinny kid I used to be, so when I go try on clothes and look in the mirror, it's a surprise that I don't look as good as I used to. :) You'd think I'd be used to it after 9 years, but there you are.

3 comments:

Ric and Diona said...

Now if we could just get Josh & Angie to blog!

ray and brandie said...

See the glass half full.....you lost 8 lbs in two weeks

Boons said...

I think your desire to be healthier is the most important thing to remember. You look great no matter what you think! Keep up the good work! :-)