Thursday, January 27, 2011

Finally being creative

Tonight I actually got to be creative. I've been wanting to make some Valentines Day decorations for a few weeks now, so I took the opportunity tonight since I'm done (at least for now) making curtains. I've got a few more ideas for a little more in the decor department, so hopefully I'll be able to work on that too. Although I have to say I'm dying to scrap as well, so we'll see what I get done.



These are really simple to make, I just used Stampin' Up!'s Love Impressions paper along with our red glitter paper, some real red, pink pirouette, and basic gray card stock. Then I used our large heart punch, the 1 inch circle punch and the 3/4 inch circle punch. Pop-up glue dots are great to use on the wooden dowels because you can wrap them around the top if you want to make the flowers look good on both sides (this time I didn't bother since I figure no one but my family will see it from the back side). I always make that deal with my kids that they are allowed to eat the candy after if they leave it alone for my decoration. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. But this time the kids were laughing at me because I had filled the vases with the candy days in advance and then was eating it myself because I love Gobstoppers. I guess that will teach me to put candy that I like in my decorations. I even had to go back to the store and get some more bags to fulfill my candy craving.

No comments: