Thursday, July 15, 2010

Back and forth

As much as we weren't fully prepared for the kids to come home, we jumped right back into Cole's routine of karate all week. That proved to be really difficult when you're relying on just one vehicle--our second car is out of commission probably permanently for us as we don't want to sink any money into getting it running again. So it was really crazy for all of us trying to get Cole to karate and J to his tennis matches. I started talking to the kids about the possibility of going back to grandma's house for a couple more weeks. When I brought it up to my mom, she mentioned that my aunt was going to be bringing her grandkids to my mom's house today. And since my aunt lives only a couple hours away from me, I thought that might be a great opportunity to get them to my mom without having to make the trek all the way out there again. So yesterday afternoon, we packed the kids up again and drove to Blythe. J, the kids and I all swam for a couple hours, and my kids had a great time with my cousin's kids as usual. So much fun, in fact, that I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for the kids to say goodbye to us again--no tears at all. This morning, my aunt was getting my kids and my cousin's kids up early to drive out to my mom's house and rejoin the fun there. So J and I are going to try to make the most of our next two weeks together and get in some go-kart racing and hopefully some other fun.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

How nice! I am jealous, but happy for you!