Saturday, December 13, 2008

Flu Going Around

I guess there's been a flu going around because a couple of my friends families have been sick this week. At the beginning of the week, I felt achy and just "off", but nothing I could really complain about, and no one else in my family seemed to be getting it. Well, Thursday I ended up coming home from work at 10 because I just felt horrible and needed to lay down. I didn't wake up again until 6 that night and that was just for an hour before I slept again. I ended up not getting out of bed for almost 24 hours. It was crazy. I like to sleep, but never like that. The biggest thing getting me out of bed at that point wasn't that I couldn't sleep anymore, but my back was killing me from being in bed so long. Other than the fatigue, I was nauseous, achy, and my head was killing me. I took Friday off from work and tried to spend the day awake but ended up napping again because I was just exhausted. Today I seem to be a lot better, but the headache is horrible. It's fine when I lay down, but the moment I get up, it just hits. We're doing family pics this weekend so I'm hoping that I'll be up for it. It should at least be less exhausting than the last time we did family pics (I was pregnant with Lindsay the last time) since the kids are old enough to do most things on their own. I just like to check their hair and make sure their faces are clean (Cole and Lindsay must have an aversion to soap, I swear). I have to say the best part through all of this has been Jason. When the kids were little and I got sick, it really didn't matter that I was sick, I still had to do everything. This time, he's been a champ and has helped me so much, all without complaining. He even took a sick day yesterday to help me out and make sure I was taken care of.

1 comment:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

sorry to hear about the sick time, but hope it was just you and not going to go through the whole family- kudos to Jason for being there Looking forward to seeing you all